“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” -Zig Ziglar, Author & Speaker
There are many days when all I want to do is curl up and tender my “resignation” to life outside my bedroom. Days like this are dreadful. It takes a lot of energy to drag myself out of bed and confront the demons. I practically feel the brain spins out of control, the emotions spills and the body hurts.
I take my time to deal with this situation. Lying in bed awhile does help, but getting up and awaken my psyche is the crucial step. It is the first step of self motivation for me. Family motivates me to take that step. I am no good to them sick, stress and in a mess!
There are many ways to practice self motivation. Below are some examples that have helped me:
- Search motivational and inspiring quotes daily. Understand and share with people you respect, your subordinates and someone you love.
- Smile more often
- Laugh when you hear something even a little funny.
- Call a friend, short chat over lunch
- Have a motivational mini poster in my cubicle
- Blogging on my interest and hobby
- Look at my children’s photograph (placed on my worktable)
- Have Al-Quran verses on my laptop and cubicle
- Read a motivational or inspiring article
- Stretching exercise at my workplace
Will it actually solve all your problems? Not really. It actually created an environment which motivates you to solve problems. I love the fact that I am constantly thinking and on the go. These are my time-outs – be it 2 minutes or a day, it helps me to unwind or chill out!
What motivates you?